Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - Aug. 2, 2013
Monday - 8/5/2013, 1:08pm EDT
chief technology officer
Department of Health and Human Services
Innovators and entrepreneurs are on the "help wanted" list at the Department of Health and Human Services. Their second annual HHS-entrepreneurs program is under way.
Director of Government and Public Affairs
Federal Managers Association
Immediate termination, recorded telephone calls and unpaid leave -- these and others are all potential new requirements for federal employees accused of misconduct or otherwise. They're all included in the Stop Government Abuse Act the House passed yesterday.
Federal News Radio
The Veterans Affairs Department is pushing ahead of other healthcare providers in using technology to improve patient care. VA is deploying a collection of applications to change its healthcare delivery model. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller joins us with details from a recent VA telemedicine demonstration of these cutting edge technologies. Miller says the mission of veteran care is driving the app development at VA.
National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association
The House passes a package of bills that would impact the federal workforce today. But you probably won't like what you read.
National President of Young Government Leaders
As more of your colleagues retire, millennials will move up the ladder. That is, if you can recruit them and keep them in the first place. Young Government Leaders looks at how to do that in some new research.
Acting Deputy Secretary and Under Secretary for Standards and Technology
Department of Commerce
The private sector will play an important role in the federal cybersecurity framework the National Institute of Standards and Technology is developing. Exactly what that role will look like is still taking shape. Patrick Gallagher, director of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, is also acting deputy secretary and under secretary of Commerce for standards and technology. Gallagher lays out how he believes the private sector will work with federal agencies for the Senate Commerce Committee.
- Hotline's New Use: Avert Cyber Disaster
(Gov Info Security)
- Hold on OPM nominee likely short lived
(Federal News Radio)
- Obama Nominates James to Become Air Force Secretary (DoD)
- Black Hat 2013: NASA JPL's Chief Engineer offers Advice for
Success in Risky Environments (Info Security)
- MWR Officials Urge Furloughed Civilians to Tap Programs (DoD)