Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - July 31, 2013
Wednesday - 7/31/2013, 6:10pm EDT
Vice Chairman and U.S. Aerospace & Defense Leader
The changing budget environment for the Pentagon appears to be here to stay. Tom Captain is vice chairman and U.S. Aerospace & Defense Leader for Deloitte. As part of Federal News Radio's special report, The Private Side of Sequestration, he explains what companies see now are likely what they'll see for a while.
Economic Development, Public Buildings and Emergency Management Subcommittee
The Congressional relationship with the General Services Administration is getting a makeover. Congressman Lou Barletta is the new chairman of the House Transportation Economic Development, Public Buildings and Emergency Management subcommittee, which oversees the GSA. Rep. Barletta is also a co-sponsor of a package of bills that impact the federal workforce. He joins In Depth to explain what those bills will do that agencies can't do now.
Related Story: Rep. Barletta wants new rules for SESers under investigation
Director of Operational Test and Evaluation
A set of six goals launches the Test Science Roadmap at the Department of Defense. The Pentagon wants better data from its Test and Evaluation community. Dr. J. Michael Gilmore, director of Operational Test and Evaluation at the Defense Department, says the goals are already in reach.
President and CEO
Fiscal 2014 may look different in the Defense contracting community than in fiscal 2013. Whether it's better or worse is the big question, and it's a question contracting companies are trying to answer. Tom DeWitt, president and CEO of SNVC, explains how sequestration affects businesses, as part of Federal News Radio's special report, The Private Side of Sequestration.
Chief Executive Officer
Center for a New American Security
The military draw down after Iraq and Afghanistan is the fifth major draw down since World War II, and two characteristics make it unique. Bob Work, chief executive officer at the Center for a New American Security and former Navy undersecretary, recently testified before the Senate Budget Committee on sequestration's impact on defense spending.
Federal News Radio
Defense secretary Chuck Hagel rolled out Wednesday what he calls a "menu of options" for implementing the ten-year budget cuts called for under sequestration. Hagel says none of the options are good, and they can't be implemented quickly enough to achieve the budget savings the law calls for. Federal News Radio DoD Reporter Jared Serbu joins In Depth to discuss what he heard at the Pentagon briefings on the new budget review.
- Pentagon Solutions: DoD analyst recommends dropping QDR
- Coburn to put hold on OPM nominee
- Bill to give SBA complete oversight of veteran small business program
- Interior department picks deputy secretary nominee"
- FBI launches iGuardian to standardize cyber threat data sharing
- Senate committee passes NIST cybersecurity guidelines