Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - July 1, 2013
Monday - 7/1/2013, 6:48pm EDT
Assistant Administrator for Human Capital Management
Jeri Buchholz, NASA's assistant administrator for human capital management, joins "In Depth" host Francis Rose and Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller for a deep-dive look into the top priorities of agency chief human capital officers as revealed by Federal News Radio's 2013 Federal CHCO Survey.
Public Policy Specialist
USPS Office of the Inspector General
A new source of inspiration for turning around the Postal Service's troubled finances around is coming from the private sector. Michael Kubayanda, a public policy specialist in the Office of the Inspector General at the U.S. Postal Service, joins In Depth to discuss a recent OIG report on the benefits of building a portfolio of public-private partnerships.
Assistant Inspector General for Audits & Inspection
Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR)
The Defense Department is spending more than $700 million to build new aircraft for Afghan forces. But the Afghans qualified to use them don't exist, according to a new report. Elizabeth Field, assistant inspector general for audits and inspections at the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR), joins In Depth with more.
Senior Fellow and Counsel
Center for a New American Security
The Army's plan to downsize its force structure by 80,000 troops doesn't go far enough, according to two experts. Phillip Carter, senior fellow and counsel for the Center for a New American Security, along with colleague Nora Bensahel, wrote about the Army cuts in a post on Foreign Policy. Carter joins In Depth with his take on the cuts.
Director of Strategic Issues
Government Accountability Office
It's hard to measure the success of new telework goals when no one can track the progress. This year the Office of Personnel Management left out five of the seven reporting requirements for its annual telework report for Congress. Yvonne Jones, director of strategic issues at the Government Accountability Office, joins In Depth with the findings of a new GAO report on telework reporting.
- New whistleblower protections take effect for federal contractors
- TSP takes a tumble in June
- Feds in same-sex marriages given 60 days to update benefits
- Top DHS Auditor Had Employees Write His Dissertation, Fired Dissidents, Complaints Allege
- Hagel Notes 40th Anniversary of All-volunteer Force
- DoD awards contract for app store, mobile device management
- NIST Calls for Suggestions to Speed Computer Incident Teams Responses