Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - June 25, 2013
Tuesday - 6/25/2013, 8:21pm EDT
Director of External Affairs
Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
The Thrift Savings Plan may want your input on how to move the TSP forward for the future. The question is whether they'll have the money to ask you. Kim Weaver, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, joins In Depth to recap the board's recent monthly meeting.
Your agency's mission statement is the bedrock for how it's supposed to function and serve the United States. If you ignore it — or forget it — you may have a huge problem. It's a problem the IRS is dealing with right now. Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief at Government Executive, joins In Depth to discuss.
Senior Adviser/Chair in Defense Policy Studies and Ground Forces Dialogue
Center for Strategic and International Studies
The capability vs. cost savings debate is the heart of the discussion about the Defense Department right now. The United States is not the only country facing this problem right now. Maren Leed, senior adviser and chair of Defense Policy Studies and Ground Forces Dialogue at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, joins In Depth to discuss a recent CSIS event that explored these issues.
Professor of Public Management
Harvard's Kennedy School of Government
You swore an oath when you took your federal job. Now you, or at least your agency's contracting professionals, should take another pledge, according to Steve Kelman, professor of Public Management at the Harvard Kennedy School, and former administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy.
Who will take the pledge? (related link)
SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance
Award winners at the Small Business Administration are enjoying the spotlight, at least for a time. The agency presents its 15th annual Phoenix Awards to some economic heroes from around the country. James Rivera, associate administrator of the Small Business Association's Office of Disaster Assistance, joins In Depth to discuss the awards ceremony.
"It's My Business" Coalition
Independent contractors are the smallest of small businesses. Their role in the federal contracting world gets overlooked sometimes because they're solo operators. Former Sen. Blanche Lincoln, the national chairwoman of the "It's My Business" coalition, joins In Depth to discuss some of the struggles of independent contractors.
Federal News Radio
The Homeland Security Department is piloting a concept called the "Car Wash." Robert Palmer, the director of information assurance in the Information System Development Office at DHS, says the Car Wash process still is in the proof-of-concept stage.