Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - June 24, 2013
Monday - 6/24/2013, 8:39pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
The General Services Administration is looking for help. They want real estate experts to help them come up with creative ways to manage and reduce the federal real estate inventory. Anita Molino, president of Bostonia Partners, joins In Depth with some insight.
GSA seeking help on real estate management (related link)
NASA Ames Research Center
Payoff on a twenty-year quest at NASA earns one of its employees a distinguished honor. William Borucki is a space scientist with NASA's Ames Research Center in California. He started a series of research papers and proposals and other work in 1984 that led to the launch of the Kepler space observatory in 2009. Borucki is a finalist for a 2013 Service to America Medal in the Career Achievement category.
Senior budget analyst
The Pentagon's budget for research-and-development projects is out, and Congress is taking a hard look at the bottom line. It adds up to around $68 billion but some changes may be on the way, according to a recent Bloomberg Government analysis. Cameron Leuthy, a senior budget analyst with Bloomberg Government, joins In Depth with more.
Director of Defense Capabilities and Management Issues
Government Accountability Office
Defense Department leaders tell Congress they need another round of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC). Congress says no, but the military branches are cutting installations wherever they can. But the branches of the military may need another look at the formulas they're using to set their BRAC numbers, according to a new Government Accountability Office report. Brian LePore, director of Defense Capabilities and Management Issues at GAO, joins In Depth with recommendations for DoD.
Centre Law Group
What we know and don't know about agencies can dramatically shape public policy. We can see that happening with the whistleblower who leaked information about the National Security Agency. Dov Szego, an attorney at Centre Law Group, joins In Depth to discuss the implications of the NSA situation on cybersecurity contractors.
Recover the Death Star Plans: Whistleblowing, Current Events, and the Shifting Tides of Cybersecurity (related link — requires log-in
- NASA taps long-time employee to be new CIO
- U.S. Air Force Awards Accenture $42 Million Contract for Financial Management System Improvements
- Military language school switches to '.edu' network by September
- HHS contractor in IG crosshairs for insufficient control
- Fiscal Year Recruiting Remains Strong Through April