Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - June 17, 2013
Monday - 6/17/2013, 8:01pm EDT
Center for Strategic and International Studies
Dov Zakheim, senior adviser at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, joins In Depth for a deep-dive look into how sequestration is affecting the defense budget. Zakheim wrote about this in an article in The American Interest, called "Sequestered: The Strategic Implications of a Freefalling U.S. Defense Budget"
Founder and President
Cybersecurity is not just about protecting computers. As weapons systems get more complex, they're more vulnerable to cyber compromise. The Littoral Combat Ship hack is one example of that. Cyber expert Richard Stiennon, the founder and president of IT Harvest, joins In Depth to discuss the evolving nature of cybersecurity.
NOAA's Center for Satellite Applications and Research
Hurricane season puts people on edge every year — unless you're a storm chaser. But that edge gets softer every year thanks to one of your federal colleagues. Mark DeMaria is a supervisory meteorologist at NOAA's Center for Satellite Applications and Research in Fort Collins, Colorado and a finalist for a 2013 Service to America Medal in the category in career achievement.
Mandatory strategic sourcing causes heartburn in industry. Congress now is asking the Office of Federal Procurement Policy to at least consider backing off making strategic sourcing mandatory. The House Small Business Committee looked at making agencies use strategic sourcing last week. Rob Burton, a partner at the Venable law firm, was a witness at the hearing. He joins In Depth to recap his testimony.
Director of Information Technology Management Issues
Government Accountability Office
$4 billion is the total savings the Office of Management and Budget says the government has saved through TechStat reviews. But the reported savings are hard to track, according to a recent report from the Office of Government Accountability. David Powner, director of IT management issues at GAO, joins In Depth with more.
Federal News Radio
The Enhanced Cybersecurity Services initiative is supposed to expand the number of companies that receive classified or top secret information on threats from the government. A lot of companies are interested, but not many have decided to make the investment. Federal News Radio's executive editor Jason Miller joins In Depth to discuss the ECS and other programs attempting to improve cybersecurity information sharing.
DHS finds classified cyber sharing program slow to take off (related story)