Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - June 12, 2013
Wednesday - 6/12/2013, 8:50pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Undersecretary of the Army Joseph Westphal joined In Depth with Francis Rose for an hour-long discussion including the upcoming 238th birthday of the Army, the drawdown in Afghanistan and how sequestration cuts are impacting force readiness.
Click here to view a picture of Undersecretary Westphal in studio with Francis Rose.
Special Adviser for the Transition Assistance Program (TAP)
Office of Wounded Warrior Care and Transition
The unemployment rate for veterans is headed down, but the Defense Department wants to erase it completely. DoD is in the middle of turning its service members into what it calls a "career-ready military." Dr. Susan Kelly, the special adviser for the Transition Assistance Program (TAP) at the Office of Wounded Warrior Care and Transition Policy, joins In Depth with more.
Manager of the National Renewable Energy Coordination Office
Bureau of Land Management
Some 200,000 homes in the western U.S. could be getting their power from federal land. The Bureau of Land Management at the Interior Department will oversee three renewable-energy projects that will generate over 500 megawatts of power when they're complete. Ray Brady, the manager of the National Renewable Energy Coordination Office at the Bureau of Land Management, joins In Depth with more information about the initiative.
National Border Patrol Council
Revamping an old pay system at Customs and Border Protection is the goal of a bill from Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.). His Border Patrol Pay Reform Act has support from the National Border Patrol Council. Shawn Moran, vice president of the National Border Patrol council, joins In Depth to discuss what the legislation would do.
Federal News Radio
The National Institute of Standards and Technology is developing the first-ever cybersecurity framework for critical infrastructure systems. It's one of the many job NIST has under the President's February executive order on cybersecurity. But NIST says for the plan to work, it'll need to mostly stay out of the way and let industry drive the process. Details from Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu.
- Regulatory czar nominee pledges to speed up review process
- White House suspends Presidential Rank Award bonuses for 2013
- Federal consolidation effort uncovers additional 3,000 data centers
- Bill aims to slash Medicare waste and fraud
- PRC aims for speedier reviews of proposed Postal Service changes
- Ask the CIO: DISA collapsing wired networks, expanding wireless
- NIST Publishes Draft Cloud Computing Security Document for Comment
- Fleet grows, training increases for F-35
"In Depth" host Francis Rose and Army Undersecretary Joseph Westphal (U.S. Army photo by Staff Sgt. Bernardo Fuller)