Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - June 10, 2013
Monday - 6/10/2013, 7:53pm EDT
GSA's Office of Integrated Technology Services
Mary Davie, assistant commissioner in the General Services Administration's Office of Integrated Technology Service, joins In Depth for an hour-long, deep-dive conversation about GSA's new Wireless Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative and the agency's new Managed Mobility Program.
Click here to read Mary's GSA blog.
NASA Glenn Research Center
Hypersonic propulsion is the process of making something travel several times faster than the speed of sound. Experts call it the last frontier of aeronautics because of the complex technical difficulties it provides. Manan Vyas is a research engineer with the NASA Glenn Research Center in Ohio. He was the first to prove that wind-tunnel simulated conditions were not the same as actual atmospheric conditions. He is a finalist in the Call to Service category of the 2013 Service to America Medals.
Acting Deputy Assistant Commissioner, Office of Field Operations
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Celebrating a breakthrough and celebrating a milestone are both worthy of note. At Customs and Border Protection, they're doing both at the same time. John Wagner, acting deputy assistant commissioner of the Office of Field Operations for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, joins In Depth to discuss the fifth anniversary of CBP's Global Entry enrollment program.
Assistant Inspector General for Audit, Management Services and Exempt Organizations
Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration
Bad news is piling on top of the Internal Revenue Service. First the IRS was in the congressional hot seat for unfair political targeting. Now the agency faces hearings and disciplinary action for conference spending. Greg Kutz, assistant inspector general for audit, management services and exempt organizations at the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, joins In Depth to discuss the IG's findings.
Managing Director for Strategic Issues
Government Accountability Office
Performance.gov exists to help you do your job better. But federal managers say the website is just an external reporting tool that benefits the public. GAO studied this disconnect and released several recommendations for the Office of Management and Budget to make form meet function. Chris Mihm, managing director for Strategic Issues at GAO, joins In Depth with more.
Performance.gov faces identity crisis (related story)
Director and Senior Fellow, Technology and Public Policy Program
Center for Strategic and International Studies
Information collection and sharing is in the spotlight as Congress comes back into session and we learn more about leaks by a government contractor. Jim Lewis, director and senior fellow in the Technology and Public Policy Program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, joins In Depth with his take.
- Federal workforce dips 20 percent since May 2010 peak
- GSA Announces New Lease for National Science Foundation Headquarters
- Obama nominates Furman as top economic adviser
- Nominations open for 2013 Causey Awards
- FBI releases statement on botnet operation
- Army Suspends Commander in Japan
- Marines Focused at Tactical Edge of Cyber, Commander Says
- Department of Defense Self-Service Logon to enable access to online DOD self-service sites