Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - June 3, 2013
Monday - 6/3/2013, 9:12pm EDT
President and CEO
Center for Organizational Excellence
The first cut at an official government inventory is out. The White House has released an inventory of federal programs on Performance.gov. Steve Goodrich, president and CEO of the Center for Organizational Excellence, joins In Depth to discuss what more needs to be done.
Social Security Administration (Chicago region)
Coordination and customer service are some of the Social Service's Administrations highest priorities. The agency is using some new ways to streamline the care those customer receive. Dave Broomell is project manager for the SSA's Chicago Region and a finalist for a 2013 Service to America Medal in the "Citizen Services" category.
Senior Vice President of the Global Public Sector
Keeping fake parts out of the Defense Department supply chain may take more industry effort soon. The Pentagon wants to update the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement on counterfeit parts. Trey Hodgkins, senior vice president of the Global Public Sector at TechAmerica, joins In Depth to explain the changes DoD is asking about and what they mean.
Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management Issues
Government Accountability Office
The healthcare systems each branch of the military provides for its members may be costing the Defense Department big money. In fiscal 2011, the cost of DoD's health care contracts added up to more than $1.1 billion. Consolidation may save the department a lot of that money, according to a recent Government Accountability Office review. Bill Woods, director of acquisition and sourcing management issues, joins In Depth with GAO's recommendations.
Federal News Radio
The Department of Veterans Affairs' ability to protect its computer systems and the data of tens of millions of veterans is under fire by a former senior cybersecurity official. Jerry Davis spent more than two years as the deputy assistant secretary for information security in VA's Office of Information and Technology before leaving in February. He says VA is shortcutting the process to secure its computers and data but VA denies Davis' allegations. Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller spoke with Tom and Emily about the details of his investigative report on this topic.
READ JASON'S REPORT: Millions of veterans' data at risk, former VA cyber official alleges