Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - May 31, 2013
Friday - 5/31/2013, 8:41pm EDT
On the show today:
former Chief of Naval Personnel
A social network for military service members is getting a new infusion of talent. Rally Point is welcoming vets as members. Retired Navy Adm. and former Chief of Naval Personnel John Harvey is an adviser to Rally Point's founders and signed up as a veteran member. He joins In Depth with more information about the site.
Senior Benefits Director
National Institute of Transition Planning
What happens when you aren't around any more is maybe the most uncomfortable thing to talk about. But it's also maybe the important thing you should talk about. Tammy Flanagan, senior benefits director at the National Institute of Transition Planning, on the two certainties in life: death and taxes.
65 and Still Working (related link)
United States Naval Institute
Furloughs at the Pentagon haven't started yet. July 8 will be the first day civilians at DoD will have to deal with the unpaid time off. Dealing with civilians who aren't on the job will have implications for the uniformed side of DoD — uniformed leaders at the Pentagon say those missing civilians will hurt readiness. Vice Adm. Peter Daly (ret.), is the CEO of the United States Naval Institute and former deputy commander and chief of staff at U.S. Fleet Forces Command.
Deputy Chief Human Capital Officer
The retirement tsunami might not be as bad as some experts predicted. But agencies still need to focus on recruiting and retaining more talent for their workforce. Karlease Kelly, the deputy chief human capital officer at the Agriculture Department, joins In Depth to discuss the role of training at agencies and how managers can prevent a brain drain from a potential wave of retirements.
Reading your contract before you sign it is Contracting 101-level stuff. But you may not know everything you need to know about your deal, even after you read the contract. Stephen Ramaley, associate attorney at Centre Consulting, joins In Depth with more.
DoL Has You in Its Tractor Beam and the Courts Have Just Disabled Your Hyperdrive (related link, requires subscription)