Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - May 30, 2013
Thursday - 5/30/2013, 2:47pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Chief Sustainability Officer
U.S. Postal Service
Green is the color of sustainability...and money. The Federal Green Challenge honors agencies that take big strides to reduce waste and conserve energy. The 2013 winners were announced recently. One of the agencies to come out on top in multiple categories is the U.S. Postal Service. Thomas Day, the chief sustainability officer at the U.S. Postal Service, spoke with Francis about what his agency is doing to make a difference on the environment.
Director, Digital Services Innovation Center
Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies, General Services Administration
Sharing lessons learned is a two-way street — there's the learning part and then the teaching part. Gwynne Kostin, director of the Digital Services Innovation Center at the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies within the General Services Administration, talked about sharing lessons learned at the Management of Change conference recently. Francis asked her to join him for an interview to further examine that topic.
Fluet Huber and Hong
The Office of Federal Procurement Policy wants to cut the amount of money the government pays to contractor executives. The proposal would set the ceiling at $400,000 per year, about half the current amount. Lee Dougherty, a partner at Fluet Huber and Hong, recently wrote a column on the plan for the Washington Business Journal. He spoke to Francis about his thoughts on the topic.
Associate Administrator, Office of Veterans Business Development
Small Business Administration
Veterans looking for business opportunities can get some new help from the Small Business Administration. The SBA Veteran Pledge Initiative will bring together national, regional and community banks to help jump start aspiring veteran entrepreneurs. Rhett Jeppson, associate administrator of the Office of Veterans Business Development at SBA, joined Francis to discuss the new program.
Also on the show:
From Our Reporters:
- The furlough landscape in the federal government is shifting more than people ever expected. The Environmental Protection Agency is cutting the second phase of its furloughs. Francis talked with fellow Federal News Radio host Tom Temin about the agency's new furlough plan. Listen to their conversation.
- Saturday's a big day in information technology for the Marine Corps. The service will officially transition from the privately-run Navy-Marine Corps intranet that's been the backbone of its IT capability for the last dozen years, and take control of its own network operations. Read Jared Serbu's article or listen to his report.
- New GSA program streamlines mobile device management across government
- OMB wants 10 percent cut in 2015 budget requests
- Former OMB performance guru Metzenbaum lands new job
- Chinese cyber army holding exercises
- Army renews Project Warrior program
- James Comey is the White House nominee to direct the Federal Bureau of Investigation. He was deputy attorney general in the Bush Administration. If the Senate confirms him, he'll replace current FBI Director Robert Mueller. Director Mueller is already laying the budget groundwork for the next director. He testified recently before the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies. He said the FBI's budget plan must evolve as quickly as the threats to our nation. Read or listen to the testimony.