Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
Industry Chatter: Brian Garr, LinguaSys
Thursday - 5/30/2013, 5:15pm EDT
LinguaSys is a provider of human language technologies, producing multilingual text analytics and natural language processing software.
Courtesy of Brian Garr
Prior to LinguaSys, Garr was CTO of Globalink (an MT company) from 1995-1998 when Globalink was sold to L&H. Garr then went to IBM and started the MT business segment for IBM's Software Group. He also managed IBM's Speech Recognition Group.
Garr has been an advocate and frequent speaker on MT and Speech Reco all over the world. In 1998 he was awarded the Smithsonian Institutes' "Heroes in Technology" award for his work in Machine Translation.