Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - May 16, 2013
Thursday - 5/16/2013, 8:41pm EDT
Thursdays at 3 p.m.
Stu Fleagle, vice president of Carpathia Government Solutions, joins Industry Chatter with Francis Rose to discuss the federal IT market, including managed hosting service and cloud computing.
Director of the Office of Field Policy and Management
Department of Housing and Urban Development
Preserving precious training dollars is becoming a return-on-investment exercise. One way successful agencies are holding on to that money is measuring success. The winner of the 2013 Deming Award from Graduate School USA is doing that. Patricia Hoban-Moore, director Office of Field Policy and Management at the Department of Housing and Urban Development, joins In Depth to discuss how other agencies can maintain and build upon training successes.
Booz Allen Hamilton
Recruiting STEMM talent (the fields of science, technology, engineering, math and medical) at your agency can get easier. Some of your colleagues across government are doing it right now, according to a new report from the Partnership for Public Service and Booz Allen Hamilton. Ron Sanders, vice president of Booz Allen Hamilton and the firm's first Booz Allen Hamilton fellow, joins In Depth to discuss agencies' STEMM hiring efforts.
Special Operations program
Naval Postgraduate School
The wave of cyber attacks from China is driving several big problems. The Pentagon has detailed them in its new annual report to Congress. In an article for Foreign Policy John Arquilla, a teacher in the special operations program at the United States Naval Postgraduate School, calls the attacks a "blitskrieg." He joins In Depth with more.
Federal Managers Association
Federal benefits are under attack on Capitol Hill. But one federal benefit at the Transportation Security Agency is becoming more available than ever. Todd Wells , executive director of the Federal Managers Association, joins In Depth
Author & columnist
U.S. Naval Institute
The Navy is counting on the Littoral Combat Ship as it reshapes its strategy in conjunction with the rest of the military. But the program is running into some technical challenges and some financial ones too. Eric Wertheim, an author and columnist at the US Naval Institute, joins In Depth to discuss how the Navy can fix the problems.
Ships Costing U.S. $37 Billion Lack Firepower, Navy Told (related link)
From Our Reporters:
- Scott Gould will end his tenure as Deputy Secretary at the Veterans Affairs Department Friday. He's wrapping up four years as the department's chief operating officer and is the fourth key political appointee to leave VA in the last four months. Gould tells Executive Editor Jason Miller about his accomplishments and where VA still needs to improve. Click here to read Jason's report.
- Obama appoints Danny Werfel acting IRS head
- Senate confirms former nurse to run Medicare
- Intelligence Community free from furloughs
- Hagel Orders Retraining of Recruiters, Sexual Assault Responders
- Northrop Grumman Joins Department of Homeland Security Program to Bolster Cyber Protections for U.S. Critical Infrastructure