Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - May 15, 2013
Wednesday - 5/15/2013, 5:09pm EDT
Chief Human Capital Officers Council
The talent pool at your agency may be getting a little roiled up. The retirement wave is only one driver that may remake the way your agency's workforce looks in the future. Kathryn Medina, executive director of the Chief Human Capital Officers Council, joined Francis to discuss what agencies are doing to keep the workforce pool healthy.
Senior Program Analyst, Office of Family Policy, Children and Youth
Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense
May is Military Spouse Appreciation Month. Meg O'Grady, senior program analyst at the Office of Family Policy, Children and Youth in the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, told Francis about some unique opportunities and benefits it provides to military families.
Cushman and Wakefield
Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell says the best place to build the new FBI headquarters is Loudoun County. But he's running into an unlikely opponent — Loudoun County. John Henschel, senior director of Cushman and Wakefield, spoke to Francis about the situation.
Also on the show:
From Our Reporters:
- In been one year since the Office of Management and Budget released the Digital Government Strategy, agencies have slowly begun to change.
Top that effort with the new open government executive order and memo released last week, and federal chief information officer Steven VanRoekel says the government is ready to unleash the potential of data. Click here to read Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller's report.
- DoD's learned several times that its original security approval process for mobile devices wasn't up to the task. By the time handhelds worked their way through the bureaucracy, they were off the market. This week brought a change to that dynamic though. DoD issued a formal security approval, known as a STIG, for Samsung Knox, a hardened version of Android, before the mobile operating system even reached the marketplace. Click here to read DoD reporter Jared Serbu's report.
- NIST to hold second Cybersecurity Framework Workshop
- It's Wednesday, and that means it's Pentagon Solutions day. On this week's show, host Francis Rose looks at two different issues. First up, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced yesterday that he was reducing the number of DoD furloughs to 11. The furloughs will begin July 8 and continue through the end of the fiscal year. Secretary Hagel made the announcement out a town hall meeting in Virginia. Also on the show, Francis aired portions of a hearing on the Army and Air Force's budget plans for fiscal 2014. Listen to the full show here.