Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - May 8
Wednesday - 5/8/2013, 8:05pm EDT
Wednesdays at 3 p.m.
Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton Carter discussed the budget challenges facing the Defense Department and how Pentagon leaders plan to manage through the "era of fiscal uncertainty" in a speech at the National Press Club May 7. Francis played highlights from Carter's speech on Pentagon Solutions.
Defense contracts are hitting the sequestration ceiling. The Defense Department awarded less than half of the amount of contracts in April than it did in March. Even more cuts could be on the way. Nick Taborek, a reporter for Bloomberg News, joins In Depth to discuss what contractors should expect going forward. Pentagon Awards Drop 52% as U.S. Automatic Cuts Trigger Slowdown (requires subscription)
Principal Deputy Director & Associate Director for Education
Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA)
We are halfway through both Public Service Recognition Week and Teacher Appreciation Week. The Defense Department is celebrating a special group of teachers for both occasions this week. Adrian Talley, principal deputy director and associate director for education for the Department of Defense Education Activity, joins In Depth to discuss how DoD teachers are being appreciated this week.
Former Defense Secretary
Defense secretaries will continue to struggle to keep programs and personnel operations running smoothly, according to one man who knows the job well. Harold Brown served as defense secretary under President Jimmy Carter and has served in a number of defense-related roles since then, including now as a member of the Defense Policy Board. In an interview with Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu, Brown says the benefits of outside management skills are always a toss up.
From Our Reporters:
- Executive Editor Jason Miller on new efforts to stop improper payments ... (Click here to read his report)
- DoD Reporter Jared Serbu on a new proposal from the Defense Department that would allow the Pentagon to move money between programs during tough budget times ... (Click here to read his report)
- Mike Causey: Furloughs: A soft landing for some?