Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - April 30
Tuesday - 4/30/2013, 8:56pm EDT
Tuesdays at 3 p.m.
The Senate heard from top officials the Coast Guard and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration about those agencies' budget requests for 2014. In this hour of In Depth, Francis features testimony from Adm. Robert Papp, commandant of the Coast Guard, and Kathryn Sullivan, NOAA's acting administrator.
The economy may get a boost from social media — and that boost may come from the Small Business Administration. Natale Goriel, heads SBA's social media team, which is hosting a series of webinars on building business through social media. She joins In Depth to discuss the webinar and SBA's social media goals.
Some 900 employees at the Department of Housing and Urban Development will feel the effects of a reorganization there. Dozens of field offices at the agency will close and their operations will move to other offices. HUD isn't the only agency thinking about reorganization. Now may be a good time to look at lessons learned from the last major reorganization of government — about 20 years ago. Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief of Government Executive, joins In Depth to discuss the National Partnership for Reinventing Government.
Assistant Treasury Secretary for Management
Green initiatives now save money in addition to energy. The Treasury Department is ramping up its green initiatives, not only to save energy to also to save money. Assistant Treasury Secretary for Management Nani Coloretti says the days of green initiatives costing agencies money are over.
It's Easy Being Green - and It's Worth It! (related link)
Assistant Inspector General for Audits and Inspections
Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction
A lot of bad news has come out of the rebuilding of Afghanistan. But it's not all bad. One project appears to be helping its community. Elizabeth Field Singer is the assistant inspector general for audits and inspections at the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR). She joins In Depth to discuss a recent report that delved into a Commander's Emergency Response Program contract to build a medical clinic in Afghanistan.
From Our Reporters:
- Executive Editor Jason Miller on how a new contract award will help the Internal Revenue Service take money in and send out refunds more efficiently ... (Click here to read his report)
- Howard leaving HHS for new job at FDA
- GSA's ENERGY STAR Buildings Save Taxpayer Dollars
- Open Agricultural Data at Your Fingertips
- Smithsonian limits gallery closures to 3 museums
- Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organization
- Cyber vulnerabilities found in Navy's newest warship: official