Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
In Depth Show Blog - April 22
Monday - 4/22/2013, 7:38pm EDT
On the show today:
The fiscal 2014 White House budget request is making its way across Capitol Hill. Agency leaders have been testifying about their agencies' request in a number of congressional hearings. In Depth features highlights of their testimony, including:
- Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, the former head of the White House Office of Management and Budget before the Senate Budget Committee on President Barack Obama's fiscal 2014 budget for the entire federal government.
- Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano on the DHS budget request
- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel on the DoD request
- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Martin Dempsey also joined Hagel to offer testimony on the DoD budget.
Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius testified before the House Ways and Means Committee on the 2014 HHS budget.
Vice President, Strategy and Planning
Potomac Institute for Policy Studies
Changes in DoD strategy and the end of two wars mean a reset for the Marine Corps. Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics Lt. Gen. William Faulkner spoke about that at a Potomac Institute for Policy Studies event last week. For more, we turn to David Reist, retired Marine Corps brigadier, who used to hold that title.
Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management Issues
Government Accountability Office
A complex constellation of satellites flying above our heads is helping the Defense Department with military operations. But the network on the ground that keeps the satellites in orbit is a financial risk for waste and duplication, according to a new report from the Government Accountability Office. Cristina Chaplain, director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management Issues at GAO, joins In Depth to discuss DoD's satellite network.
Air Force Academy
The Distinguished Warfare Medal is gone at the Defense Department before the Pentagon ever awarded one. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel says the agency will award a "new distinguishing device that can be affixed to existing medals" instead. Retired Air Force Lt. Gen. David Deptula, now a senior scholar at the Air Force Academy and president of the Deptula Group, joins In Depth to discuss the controversy over the Distinguished Warfare Medal.
Also on the show:
From Our Reporters:
- Jason Miller on how a new online portal called "Uncle Sam's List" is making it easier for agencies to find and buy shared services ... (Click here to read his report)
- Mike Causey: Ripple effect of furloughs