Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - April 16
Tuesday - 4/16/2013, 8:15pm EDT
Director of Financial Markets and Community Investment Issues
Government Accountability Office
Nikki Clowers, director of financial markets and community investment issues at the Government Accountability Office, joins In Depth for a deep-dive look into how the agency compiles its annual duplication report and what's its findings mean for agencies. GAO's report, issued last week, outlined 17 government mission areas in which agency programs duplicate one another, overlap with each other or are fragmented across agencies in an uncoordinated fashion.
Events like the attacks in Boston shape the way people think about the federal government. And right now they don't think too highly of the government — just 28 percent of respondents to a recent Pew Research Center poll expressed a favorable view of government. Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief at Government Executive Magazine, joins In Depth to discuss the federal response to the Boston attacks.
Opinions of the Federal Government Hit All-Time Low (related link)
Director of Budgeting for Foreign Affairs and Defense
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey made their case for the fiscal 2014 budget request on Capitol Hill today. But some members of Congress are interested in learning more about th other DoD budget — the Overseas Contingency Operations budget. Russell Rumbaugh, director of budgeting for foreign affairs and defense and a senior associate at the Stimson Center, joins In Depth to discuss the OCO budget.
Vice President of Washington Operations
Applied Science Foundation for Homeland Security
The federal response in the aftermath of the Boston explosions yesterday is a collaborative effort. The FBI takes the lead in investigating the explosions, but many federal agencies will participate. Bradley Schreiber, vice president of Washington operations at the Applied Science Foundation for Homeland Security and a former senior adviser at the Homeland Security Department, tells In Depth preparation and practice will make the difference in responding.
Co-founder and Managing Director
Shrinking budgets and uncertainty aren't just affecting federal agencies. The contracting community is sorting out its next moves too. That may mean some activity in the mergers-and-acquisitions field. Michael Lewis, co-founder and managing director of the Silverline Group, joins In Depth to discuss the current M&A market.
Also on the show:
From Our Reporters:
- Jason Miller on how agencies are making big strides in writing federal documents in a more straight-forward way ... (Click here to read his report)
- DoD Reporter Jared Serbu on Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel's new approach on developing a joint electronic health records system with the Veterans Affairs Department ... (Click here to read his report).
- NOAA plans 4 agencywide furlough days
- 2014 budget takes center stage on Capitol Hill
- Exclusive: GSA appeals MSPB's exoneration of Prouty
- Smithsonian to close galleries due to cuts
- Berry's tenure marked by accomplishments but much work remains for next director
- House Passes Oversight Committee Cybersecurity Reform