Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - April 8
Monday - 4/8/2013, 8:09pm EDT
As part of Federal News Radio's special report "Rise of the Money People," Director of the Interior Business Center Joseph Ward and Assistant Director of the Financial Management Directorate Esther Horst join In Depth with Francis Rose for an in-depth look at the intersection of financial-management modernization and shared services.
CQ Roll Call
Spring break is over for Congress and lawmakers have a lot on their plate coming up in the next few weeks. David Hawkings, senior editor at Roll Call, joins In Depth to discuss happenings on the Hill this week.
Director of Homeland Security and Justice Issues
Government Accountability Office
Collecting information and sharing it with other federal agencies is harder when you're collecting the same things somebody else is. The Justice Department, Homeland Security, and the Office of National Drug Control Policy have some overlap problems, according to a new Government Accountability Office review. Eileen Larence, director of Homeland Security and Justice Issue at GAO, joins In Depth with more from the report.
Young Government Leaders
The next generation of government leaders has some tough challenges ahead. A retirement wave is gathering steam and agencies are making some tough financial choices. Virginia Hill, incoming president of Young Government Leaders, joins In Depth to discuss how younger feds are dealing with budget challenges at their agencies.
Also on the show:
From Our Reporters:
- Federal chief financial officers are responsible for $3.8 trillion in federal spending. That's up from $1.2 trillion dollars in 1990. CFOs face larger budgets, and more complex budgets. Some experts think that means the law that created the federal CFO 23 years ago, known as the CFO Act, needs to be updated. Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller went into the federal community looking for answers as part of the Federal News Radio special report "Rise of the Money People."