Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
In Depth Show Blog - April 2
Tuesday - 4/2/2013, 7:43pm EDT
Tuesdays at 3 p.m.
In Depth featured testimony from a recent House Small Business Committee hearing examining duplication in federal entrepreneurial assistance programs.
Two new leaders are in line to move to the Office of Management and Budget. Sylvia Mathews Burwell will get her confirmation hearings to be OMB director next week when the Senate comes back from recess. Brian Deese is President Obama's choice to become deputy director. Robert Shea, a principal at Grant Thornton and former associate director at OMB, joins In Depth to discuss the confirmation process.
Obama nominates economic aide to 2nd budget slot (related story)
Engaged employees are more than simply satisfied employees. They're usually more productive, too. Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief at Government Executive, is looking at the level of employee engagement across agencies.
Government Employees Get No Respect? (related link)
Managing clean energy programs on a tight budget is a work in progress at the Defense Department. DoD wants to unravel the challenges public policy creates when it overlaps with national security demands, such as in the case of sustainable energy initiatives. Hal Perloff, a partner at Husch Blackwell, joins In Depth to discuss how energy is a national security issue.
Sustainable energy and the national defense (related link)
MOAA Transition Center
The D.C. area is a great place for service members and their families to find private-sector jobs. The trick is finding them. Capt. Jim Carman, director of the Military Officers Association of America's Transition Center, joins In Depth to discuss how a recent MOAA career fair can help service members and their families.
Also on the show:
From Our Reporters:
- Executive Editor Jason Miller interviews Steven VanRoekel, the federal chief information officer, about the Office of Management and Budget's updated to the PortfolioStat initiative. Click here for more.
- CBP postpones 60,000 furloughs, overtime cuts
- Furlough notices sent to OMB staff
- SES includes more women, minorities than ever before
- Budget expert Ray Bjorklund leaves Deltek
- Senate Armed Services Committee wants to create National Guard cyber response teams
- NAVSEA seeks digital replacement for technical, maintenance guides