Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - April 2
Tuesday - 4/2/2013, 7:43pm EDT
Tuesdays at 3 p.m.
In Depth featured testimony from a recent House Small Business Committee hearing examining duplication in federal entrepreneurial assistance programs.
Two new leaders are in line to move to the Office of Management and Budget. Sylvia Mathews Burwell will get her confirmation hearings to be OMB director next week when the Senate comes back from recess. Brian Deese is President Obama's choice to become deputy director. Robert Shea, a principal at Grant Thornton and former associate director at OMB, joins In Depth to discuss the confirmation process.
Obama nominates economic aide to 2nd budget slot (related story)
Engaged employees are more than simply satisfied employees. They're usually more productive, too. Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief at Government Executive, is looking at the level of employee engagement across agencies.
Government Employees Get No Respect? (related link)
Managing clean energy programs on a tight budget is a work in progress at the Defense Department. DoD wants to unravel the challenges public policy creates when it overlaps with national security demands, such as in the case of sustainable energy initiatives. Hal Perloff, a partner at Husch Blackwell, joins In Depth to discuss how energy is a national security issue.
Sustainable energy and the national defense (related link)
MOAA Transition Center
The D.C. area is a great place for service members and their families to find private-sector jobs. The trick is finding them. Capt. Jim Carman, director of the Military Officers Association of America's Transition Center, joins In Depth to discuss how a recent MOAA career fair can help service members and their families.
Also on the show:
From Our Reporters:
- Executive Editor Jason Miller interviews Steven VanRoekel, the federal chief information officer, about the Office of Management and Budget's updated to the PortfolioStat initiative. Click here for more.
- CBP postpones 60,000 furloughs, overtime cuts
- Furlough notices sent to OMB staff
- SES includes more women, minorities than ever before
- Budget expert Ray Bjorklund leaves Deltek
- Senate Armed Services Committee wants to create National Guard cyber response teams
- NAVSEA seeks digital replacement for technical, maintenance guides