Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
In Depth Show Blog - March 21
Thursday - 3/21/2013, 8:33pm EDT
Thursdays at 3 p.m.
Paul Druckman, chairman of the National Defense Industries Association's Homeland Security Division, joined Industry Chatter with Francis Rose to discuss the evolution of the Homeland Security Department since it was created nearly 10 years ago.
Click here for more.
The defense drawdown the Pentagon is doing now is drawing a lot of comparisons to past drawdowns. The American Enterprise Institute looked at this defense drawdown at a discussion Thursday morning. Among those discussing the drawdown was Arnold Punaro, CEO of the Punaro Group, was staff director of the Senate Armed Services Committee during the defense drawdown in the 1990s. He joins In Depth to share more insight into the discussion.
Also on the show:
From Our Reporters:
- Jason Miller on the top 10 priorities from the head of the General Services Administration's Federal Acquisition Service, Tom Sharpe.... (Click here to read his report)
- DoD Reporter Jared Serbu on the Air Force's fuel-efficiency goal ... (Click here to read his report).
- Senior Correspondent Mike Causey on why the good old days aren't coming — and maybe they weren't so great to begin with.
Cybersecurity and Defense News:
- Li Keqiang urges US and China to end cyber claims against each other
- Equipping, Modernizing, and Sustaining the National Guard and Reserve Components as an Operational Force in a time of Budget Uncertainty
- DARPA to host wireless-network defense conference
- Groups say veteran-owned contracting still broken
- The Department of Homeland Security at 10 Years: A Progress Report on Management
- Senate panel endorses Jewell as Interior secretary
- Debate rages over USPS delivery changes
- Shutdown averted, pay freeze extended as Congress passes 2013 funding bill
- Pentagon delays furlough notices for two weeks