Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
In Depth interviews - March 15
Friday - 3/15/2013, 8:32pm EDT
Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-Texas), chairman of the House Oversight & Government Reform Committee's subcommittee on the Federal Workforce, U.S. Postal Service and Census Subcommittee, introduced last week the Protecting America's Civilian Employees (PACE) Act. The bill would require the Office of Management and Budget to come up with alternatives to furloughs. Farenthold also discusses postal reform and prospects for passage.
Vice President for Education and Outreach
Partnership for Public Service
Recruitment and hiring at your agency took a big hit from sequestration. Now agency managers need to adapt to an extremely competitive federal job market. Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach and at the Partnership for Public Service, joins In Depth to discuss agencies' hiring during tight times.
Deputy Chief Technology Officer
National Nuclear Security Administration
Your agency's mobile strategy will survive sequestration. But the tools and workforce at your disposal will have to adapt to overcome tight budget challenges. Anil Karmel, deputy chief technology officer at the National Nuclear Security Administration, joins In Depth to discuss NNSA's mobile strategy.
Also on the show:
- Jason Miller joins the show for some breaking news: Report of a cyber vulnerability in the General Services Administration's Systems Award Management (SAM) portal.
- Plus, more from his exclusive interview with White House cyber czar Michael Daniel.
- Then, DoD Reporter Jared Serbu on the Air Force's efforts to reboot its civilian workforce. (check his page Monday for the full report)
- Federal News Countdown: Budget battle, cyber spending and furlough worries
Bob Suda, president and consultant at Suda & Associates, and Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service, count down the top federal news stories of the week.
- USDA's No. 2 official quits; she promoted local food, small farms (Reuters)
- Agencies forced to freeze office space footprint
- House opposes new BRAC round (Associated Press)