Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - March 15
Friday - 3/15/2013, 8:32pm EDT
Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-Texas), chairman of the House Oversight & Government Reform Committee's subcommittee on the Federal Workforce, U.S. Postal Service and Census Subcommittee, introduced last week the Protecting America's Civilian Employees (PACE) Act. The bill would require the Office of Management and Budget to come up with alternatives to furloughs. Farenthold also discusses postal reform and prospects for passage.
Vice President for Education and Outreach
Partnership for Public Service
Recruitment and hiring at your agency took a big hit from sequestration. Now agency managers need to adapt to an extremely competitive federal job market. Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach and at the Partnership for Public Service, joins In Depth to discuss agencies' hiring during tight times.
Deputy Chief Technology Officer
National Nuclear Security Administration
Your agency's mobile strategy will survive sequestration. But the tools and workforce at your disposal will have to adapt to overcome tight budget challenges. Anil Karmel, deputy chief technology officer at the National Nuclear Security Administration, joins In Depth to discuss NNSA's mobile strategy.
Also on the show:
- Jason Miller joins the show for some breaking news: Report of a cyber vulnerability in the General Services Administration's Systems Award Management (SAM) portal.
- Plus, more from his exclusive interview with White House cyber czar Michael Daniel.
- Then, DoD Reporter Jared Serbu on the Air Force's efforts to reboot its civilian workforce. (check his page Monday for the full report)
- Federal News Countdown: Budget battle, cyber spending and furlough worries
Bob Suda, president and consultant at Suda & Associates, and Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service, count down the top federal news stories of the week.
- USDA's No. 2 official quits; she promoted local food, small farms (Reuters)
- Agencies forced to freeze office space footprint
- House opposes new BRAC round (Associated Press)