Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - March 4
Monday - 3/4/2013, 8:05pm EST
Brian Moran, the CEO of GovernmentCIO to discuss budget challenges that agency CIOs are facing.
Deputy Chief Management Officer
The path to integrating electronic health records at the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs is taking a turn. House Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman Jeff Miller calls it a U-Turn, and says the agencies are moving the goal posts after spending billions of dollars. But Beth McGrath, deputy chief management officer at DoD, says it's a less dramatic shift than that.
Senior Adviser and Senior Fellow
Center for a New American Security
Budget problems are driving fears of talent losses at the Defense Department. But a loss of uniformed talent at DoD may not be exclusively a budget problem. Retired Lt. Gen. David Barno, a senior adviser and senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security, was the commander of the Combined Forces Command Afghanistan from 2003 to 2005. He wrote about the brain drain in a recent post on ForeignPolicy.com.
He's writing about what he sees...in Foreign Policy magazine.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Managing Director of Strategic Issues
Government Accountability Office
More agency collaboration on programs means more opportunities for collaboration on performance management. But the review process is falling behind, according to the Government Accountability Office. Chris Mihm, managing director of strategic issues at GAO, joins In Depth with more on data-driven performance reviews.
Also on the show:
BitDefender traces MiniDuke espionage malware back to June 2011 (ComputerWorld)