Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - March 4
Monday - 3/4/2013, 8:05pm EST
Brian Moran, the CEO of GovernmentCIO to discuss budget challenges that agency CIOs are facing.
Deputy Chief Management Officer
The path to integrating electronic health records at the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs is taking a turn. House Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman Jeff Miller calls it a U-Turn, and says the agencies are moving the goal posts after spending billions of dollars. But Beth McGrath, deputy chief management officer at DoD, says it's a less dramatic shift than that.
Senior Adviser and Senior Fellow
Center for a New American Security
Budget problems are driving fears of talent losses at the Defense Department. But a loss of uniformed talent at DoD may not be exclusively a budget problem. Retired Lt. Gen. David Barno, a senior adviser and senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security, was the commander of the Combined Forces Command Afghanistan from 2003 to 2005. He wrote about the brain drain in a recent post on ForeignPolicy.com.
He's writing about what he sees...in Foreign Policy magazine.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Managing Director of Strategic Issues
Government Accountability Office
More agency collaboration on programs means more opportunities for collaboration on performance management. But the review process is falling behind, according to the Government Accountability Office. Chris Mihm, managing director of strategic issues at GAO, joins In Depth with more on data-driven performance reviews.
Also on the show:
BitDefender traces MiniDuke espionage malware back to June 2011 (ComputerWorld)