Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - Feb. 28
Thursday - 2/28/2013, 6:52pm EST
Vice President for Education and Outreach
Partnership for Public Service
Pay freezes, furloughs and bad publicity dominate federal discussions right now. No one is really surprised by the top story on Federal News Radio dot com right now...employee morale is low. Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service, joins In Depth to discuss how federal managers can keep their employees focused and motivated on the mission and getting the job done in these difficult times.
former U.S. Administrator
for E-Government and Information Technology
Federal IT reform will require new legislation. But more understanding and leadership will help too. Mark Forman, former U.S. Administrator for E-Government and Information Technology and the director of E-Z Grant Filing, joins In Depth to discuss the current climate for IT reform.
Director of Smart Operations
Air Force Global Strike Command
Great ideas in the Air Force now have a fast track to the top of the ranks. Air Force Global Strike Command's Strike Now program gets those ideas in front of leaders. Peter Ellis, the director of Global Strike Command Smart Operations, joins In Depth to discuss the new innovation system called Strike Now.
Global Strike Commander: 'Strike Now' with good ideas (related link)
Director of Federal Fiscal Policy
Center for Effective Government
A deal to end sequestration could happen tonight. But if you wake up tomorrow and a compromise wasn't reached — don't panic. Even if sequestration starts, your agency has some time to adjust. Patrick Lester, diirector of Federal Fiscal Policy at the Center for Effective Government, joins In Depth to discuss ways agencies can better the cuts.
Former Undersecretary of Defense for Policy
Sequestration is just one stop on the road to a smaller budget at the Defense Department. Michele Flournoy, former undersecretary of Defense for Policy, wrote in a recent Wall Street Journal op-ed about the right way to cut the defense budget.
The Right Way to Cut Pentagon Spending (related link)
Also on the show: