Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - Feb. 27
Wednesday - 2/27/2013, 6:41pm EST
Vice President and Director of Studies
Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments
Strategy building in uncertain budget times is the task DoD has in front of it. The 2014 Quadrennial Defense Review development process is getting under way. Jim Thomas, vice president and director of studies at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, testified before the House Armed Services Committee about developing the QDR. He says there are too many cooks in the QDR kitchen.
Click here to view Thomas' testimony
Director of Collection Strategies Division
Environmental Protection Agency
Sequestration pressures are forcing IT managers to continue carrying out their missions with less. Some are better at this challenge than others. John Moses, the director of the Collection Strategies Division at the U. S.. Environmental Protection Agency, joins In Depth to discuss ACT-IAC's Excellence.gov Awards, which recognizes the best federal IT managers.
Director of Research
Information sharing is the cornerstone of the executive order on cybersecurity. Using that information is voluntary for private companies. But information sharing by itself could spur better cybersecurity, according to Alan Paller, director of research at the SANS Institute.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Also on the show: