Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - Feb. 26
Tuesday - 2/26/2013, 8:32pm EST
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Director of External Affairs
Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
Furloughs are one possibility of sequestration. If you're furloughed, you won't make as much money as you do now and that can impact your Thrift Savings Plan account too. Kim Weaver, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, joins In Depth with some helpful information about how sequestration and furloughs can affect your TSP account.
Government Executive magazine
Furloughs are synonymous with sequestration now. But they might not be entirely legal. Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief of Government Executive magazine, joins In Depth to discuss the laws and rules governing furloughs.
Agencies Are Supposed to Avoid Furloughs (related link)
CQ Roll Call's Daily Briefing
The sequestration deadline is three days away, but the action on Capitol Hill is rather mechanical. No one seems to think the situation is very urgent. David Hawkings, editor of CQ Roll Call's Daily Briefing, joins In Depth to discuss what's happening on the Hill.
Carnegie Mellon University
Passwords are one of the biggest security problems at federal agencies and other organizations. Hackers are getting better every day at hacking weak passwords and getting into networks. Ashwini Rao and her colleagues at Carnegie Mellon University are studying the grammatical patterns of passwords. She joins In Depth with some advice for building strong passwords.
Also on the show: