Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
In Depth interviews - Feb. 20
Wednesday - 2/20/2013, 7:57pm EST
Assistant Secretary of the Army
For Installations, Energy & Environment
Furloughs and layoffs are only part of the sequestration problem for the military. The Pentagon will have to change how it manages its buildings and energy programs. Katherine Hammack, assistant secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy and Environment, joins In Depth to discuss how the Army is planning for sequestration.
Eventually sequestration will go away. But the relationship between DoD and the defense-industrial base will still stand. Steve Grundman, the former deputy undersecretary of defense for industrial affairs and installations and now a Lund Fellow at the Atlantic Council, joins In Depth to discuss how sequestration will impact the defense-industrial base.
Efficiency and effectiveness aren't mutually exclusive in the defense acquisition system. The Defense Department can find a balance between the two, according to Dan Goure, the vice president of the Lexington Institute. He joins In Depth to discuss the 21st-century defense-logistics enterprise.
Toward A 21st Century Defense Logistics Enterprise (related link)
Also on the show:
GSA seeks input on privatizing FedRAMP assessments (FedBizOpps)