Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
In Depth interviews - Feb. 18
Monday - 2/18/2013, 7:36pm EST
The latest deadline for sequestration is now less than two weeks away, and by the way, Congress is out of town this week. But our first guest this afternoon thinks there's nonetheless plenty of time to figure out an alternative to sequester, because, step one ought to be simply cancelling that March 1 cliff of spending cuts. Al Hunt joins In Depth to discuss some sequestration alternatives.
Avoiding the Sequester Isn't Rocket Science (related link)
While it's true that DoD, like all federal agencies, still doesn't have an appropriations bill for fiscal 2013, it does have a Defense authorization bill for this year...one thing Congress has managed to pass every year for about the past five decades. As always, there are plenty of federal policy changes in the massive bill. The folks at Deltek have been combing through the legislation to take a look on how it's going to affect the federal IT market in particular. John Slye, a research analyst there, joins In Depth to discuss the 2013 NDAA.
Government Accountability Office
Cyber threats continue to increase and evolve, but the government still has several challenges facing it when it comes to trying to keep federal operations safe. Naba Barkakati, the Government Accountability Office's chief technologist, joins In Depth to discuss the agency's latest report on building a federal cybersecurity str
Also on the show: