Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
Federal News Countdown: Smarter government, cyber order and federal pay
Monday - 2/18/2013, 1:52pm EST
John Kamensky's stories
#3 Government says it recovers billions in health fraud crackdown
From Los Angeles Times:
The federal government recovered a record $4.2 billion in the last fiscal year from medical providers and others who fraudulently billed government healthcare programs such as Medicare, the Obama administration announced Monday.
#2 IRS program, interagency contracting finally removed from High-Risk list
From Federal News Radio:
Interagency contracting and the IRS Business Systems Modernization program are no longer considered high risk initiatives by the Government Accountability Office. GAO removed these two programs from its biennial High Risk List released today.
#1 Obama: We Need 'Smarter Government'
President Obama called for smarter government during his State of the Union address Tuesday night in a speech that focused on creating more jobs and strengthening the economy without adding to the country's deficit.
Ron Sanders' stories
#3 Obama's cyber executive order lays foundation for mandatory regulations
Late Tuesday, President Obama signed an executive order on cybersecurity that offers industry more carrots than sticks to lay the groundwork for eventually mandating security standards and corresponding privacy protections.
#2 Obama calls for 'smarter' government in State of the Union
From The Los Angeles Times:
Declaring that the nation is stronger "after years of grueling recession," President Obama advocated an array of modest second-term initiatives Tuesday night that he said wouldn't bust the federal budget.
#1 Federal Pay Groundhog Day
Federal pay again is dominating the news, as the Obama administration and House Republicans yet again offer contrasting proposals on government salaries. President Obama is proposing a 1 percent pay increase for federal civilian employees in fiscal 2014, which we reported Friday evening.