Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - Feb. 15
Friday - 2/15/2013, 9:22pm EST
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Vice President for Education and Outreach
Partnership for Public Service
Your agency has a hiring problem. Last month, more than 22,000 federal employees filed retirement claims. The challenge now is finding strong entry-level employees. Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach, joins In Depth to discuss why agencies are struggling to find new employees.
Garcia Cyber Partners
The White House's Executive Order on cybersecurity is in full swing. Agencies like the Department of Homeland Security and the National Institute of Standards and Technologies are already getting ready for their new responsibilities. Greg Garcia , principal of Garcia Cyber Partners, shares his take on the finalized cyber executive order.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Associate Dean for Government Procurement Law
George Washington University Law School
Interagency contracting is one of two programs off the Government Accountability Office's high-risk list. GAO says the risks of using interagency contracting vehicles is a lot lower now. Dan Gordon, former administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, joins In Depth to discuss how agencies improved.
House Minority Whip
The House is sending a pay freeze bill to the Senate. The bill would freeze federal-employee pay for the rest of 2013. But House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) says the bill is a bad idea and a bad waste of time.
House votes to extend pay freeze for federal workers (related link)
Professor of International Relations
Civilian agencies are starting to feel the sequestration fallout. The Office of Management and Budget says hundreds of thousands of employees could be furloughed. Gordon Adams joins In Depth to discuss the sequestration planning.