Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - Feb. 6
Wednesday - 2/6/2013, 9:03pm EST
Associate Professor in the Department of Policy Analysis and Management
The Postal Service is making some major changes to its delivery schedule. The goal is to close its $15.9 billion deficit and get back into the black. Rick Geddes, the associate professor in the Department of Policy Analysis and Management at Cornell University, has been studying the Postal Service and other post offices around the world for a number of years. He joins In Depth to discuss the Postal Service's announcement.
Postal Service to cut Saturday mail to trim costs (related story)
Dean of the School of Public Policy
University of Maryland
President Barack Obama is nominating Sally Jewell to lead the Interior Department. She's president and chief executive at REI, an outdoor goods retailer. But she's just one of many leaders, at many levels, changing jobs in the second term of the administration. Don Kettl, the dean of the School of Public Policy at the University of Maryland, joins In Depth to discuss the personnel shuffle
National Information Exchange Model
Your agency is working on solutions to big data challenges. But managing data isn't the only goal any more. You have to analyze it, and sometimes you have to share it. Donna Roy, executive director of the National Information Exchange Model at the Homeland Security Department, joins In Depth to discuss information-sharing efforts in government.
President and CEO
Aerospace Industries Association
The sequestration deadline is March 1. But industry leaders are telling Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia they're already feeling the effects of the impending budget cuts. Marion Blakey, president and CEO of the Aerospace Industries Association, joins In Depth to discuss how the cuts will affect defense contractors. Full sequestration coverage
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Also on the show:
Twitter to fight hacking by boosting login security (The Guardian)
DoD, VA accelerate schedule for integrated health record (Federal News Radio)