Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
USDA work-life office promotes telework, other flexible programs
Monday - 1/28/2013, 7:32pm EST
Cross discussed how work/life and wellness portfolio — which includes flexible work schedules, telework policies, and employee health and wellness initiatives — fits into USDA's human-resources strategy.
Cross said her office aims to provide free and low-cost programs that ultimately allow the agency to recruit and retain a high-quality workforce.
And, perhaps more important, the office aims to "inspire and engage" the federal workforce even as workers are being asked to do more with less.
Cross has spearheaded USDA's participation in the the Telework Exchange group's "Telework Week," which will be held March 4-8. USDA has launched an internal ad campaign calling on employees to pledge to participate in the week-long program.
Cross was also recognized by WorldatWork's Alliance for Work-Life Progress' "Rising Star Award."