Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Senate Democrats plan budget debate
Wednesday - 1/23/2013, 11:42am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Incoming Senate Budget Committee Chairman Patty Murray says Democrats controlling the chamber will attempt to pass a budget for the first time since 2009.
The Washington Democrat says the measure will call upon the wealthy to pay their "fair share" in taxes and defend programs for senior citizens and middle-class families.
Democrats have come under assault from Republicans for failing to pass budgets, prompting the House to propose withholding pay for either House or Senate members if the chamber in which they serve fails to pass a budget plan. This was an attachment to an unrelated measure to permit the government to borrow money for another three months to meet its obligations.
That measure is set to pass the House Wednesday and Senate Democrats are likely to accept it.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)