Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - Jan. 22
Tuesday - 1/22/2013, 5:32pm EST
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Information Security/Chief Information Security Officer
Veterans Affairs Department
Jerry Davis, deputy assistant secretary for information security and chief information security officer for the Veterans Affairs Department, joins In Depth to talk about his upcoming career shift: In early February, Davis will move to the NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View, Calif.
Director of Tax Issues
Government Accountability Office
While the Internal Revenue Service has made gains to improve its efficiency with electronic tax filing, providing telephone service and timely responses to correspondence from taxpayers remain challenges. The Government Accountability Office finds in order to improve these service declines, the IRS will have to consider difficult tradeoffs. James White, director of tax issues at the GAO, joins In Depth to discuss how the IRS can improve service.
Garcia Cyber Partners
The Industrial Control Systems Cyber Emergency Response Team at DHS says attacks against critical infrastructure systems are on the increase. They're finding almost 200 incidents of energy, water and commercial control systems facing numerous attacks — the majority because of serious breaches of information. Greg Garcia, principal at Garcia Cyber Partners, joins In Depth to discuss why open-control systems are so vulnerable to cyber attackers.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Chairman and CEO
Ventures & Solutions LLC
Critics of the Defense Department's acquisition system say the Pentagon is currently too complex to deliver the best goods and services efficiently to the nation's military forces. Dale Church, chairman and CEO of Ventures & Solutions LLC and former deputy undersecretary of defense for research and engineering, joins In Depth to discuss why he believes the Pentagon must return to basic management principles.
CQ Roll Call Daily Briefing
David Hawkings, editor of CQ Roll Call's Daily Briefing joins In Depth to discuss the recent nominations President Barack Obama is sending to Congress and how they'll play out on the Hill.
Also on the show:
Malware impersonates Java patch (PC World)