Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - Jan. 15
Tuesday - 1/15/2013, 8:29pm EST
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
National Academy of Public Administration
The Office of the Inspector General of the U.S. Postal Service is "pushing the envelope" with some new ideas they think could lead to greater cash flow for the agency. Some of the ideas are really outside the normal purview of the Postal Service. Dan Blair, the president of the National Academy of Public Administration and the former chairman of the Postal Regulatory Commission, discusses whether it's time for the postal service to think outside the (mail)box.
Agencies across the government are gearing up for a more definitive plan on sequestration. Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief at Government Executive, joins In Depth with the latest in the sequestration saga.
OMB tells agencies to 'intensify' sequestration planning (related story)
Director of Research
Veterans in New Jersey have another chance to go back into battle. This time, it's cyber battle. Gov. Chris Christie wants to train them to join the government and private-sector companies to defend the country from cyber attacks. Alan Paller, director of research at the SANS Institute, joins In Depth to discuss the new program.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Coalition for Government Procurement
The General Services Administration is a leader in federal innovation. But it also needs to focus that mission on itself. Roger Waldron, the president of the Coalition for Government Procurement, argues the GSA schedule system need to be modernized and the Multiple Awards System needs to be reformed.
Waldron also remembered Joe Caggiano, a long-time presence in the government market, who died suddenly this week.
CQ-Roll Call Daily Briefing
The future of leadership at the Defense Department is taking a huge step toward clarity. The nomination of former Sen. Chuck Hagel now looks likely to happen, according to David Hawkings, editor of the CQ-Roll Call Daily Briefing.
Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller also joins Francis Rose to discuss new agency priorities set out by Dan Tangherlini, acting administrator of the General Services Administration.
Francis also played highlights of a speech Tangherlini gave last month before the Federal Insider Conference.