Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Boehner: GOP will pass 'responsible' debt bill
Monday - 1/14/2013, 12:48pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Speaker John Boehner says the GOP-controlled House will "do its job" and pass legislation to lift the nation's borrowing cap and keep the government running, but will insist that Democrats accept new spending controls.
Boehner acknowledged Monday that failing to lift the so-called debt ceiling would have bad consequences. But he also said that "allowing our spending problem to go unresolved" would be just as troublesome.
Without congressional action, the government would have to default on its obligations, a prospect that could send markets into a spiral and do broader harm to the fragile economy.
The Ohio Republican's statement came after President Barack Obama told reporters he was willing to negotiate on the budget but wouldn't allow the debt ceiling to be held captive in the process.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)