Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - Jan. 8
Tuesday - 1/8/2013, 8:15pm EST
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Information Sharing Environment
Improvements in sharing information are getting attention from agencies across government. Kshemendra Paul, the program manager of the Information Sharing Environment is speaking at CES Government on the topic "How the 9/11 Information Sharing Mandate Affects Global Commerce and Critical Communications." He joins In Depth with a preview of his speech.
The Treasury secretary is likely to be the next cabinet position President Obama fills, and Jack Lew is the leading candidate to receive that nomination. Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief of Government Executive magazine, joins In Depth to discuss the second-term leadership shuffle.
Director of the Center for Excellence in Government
General Services Administration
A new social media tool has been approved for agency use. Pinterest, which allows users to create pinboards that organize and share images is the 62nd GSA-approved site that will allow agencies to make content more accessible to the public. Sheila Campbell, the director of the Center for Excellence in Government at the General Service Administration, joins In Depth with more information about the announcement.
Dean of the School of Public Policy
University of Maryland
You're probably sick of hearing about budget problems at your agency and other agencies across government. But that budget turmoil isn't the only thing that will shape the landscape of your agency — and the entire government. Don Kettl, dean of the University of Maryland's School of Public Policy, joins In Depth to discuss the future budget collisions.
Senior Research Psychologist
Merit Systems Protection Board
Despite all the talk of retiring workforce and possible major restructuring because of budget cuts, it seems most federal employees are happy at their jobs. The Merit System Protection Board issued a report this week called "Federal Employee Engagement: Motivating Potential of Job Characteristics and Rewards" shows more than 70 percent of those surveyed are "highly motivated" at their position but that does not mean there isn't room for improvement. Peter Leeds, senior research psychologist with MSPB joins In Depth for a deeper dive into the results.
Also on the show: