Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - Jan. 2
Wednesday - 1/2/2013, 4:51pm EST
U.S. Cyber Challenge
Building a solid IT strategy is one of the hardest challenges in government. But it's also one of the most important. Karen Evans, the national director of the U.S. Cyber Challenge and the former E-Government administrator at the Office of Management and Budget, says the strategic use of IT should be the No. 1 priority for agency technology managers this year.
Congress has passed legislation to delay sequestration for two more months. But whether or not it's still enough time to work out a budget remains to be seen. Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief at Government Executive, joins In Depth to discuss the latest developments.
Co-founder/Chief Visionary Officer
American Small Business Coalition
Contracting companies can turn to volumes of data on current market research to help with contracting.
Guy Timberlake, co-founder and chief visionary officer of the American Small Business Coalition, says the top priority for companies should be better leveraging the resources already at their disposal.
Associate Administrator of Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies
General Services Administration
At the heart of your agency's move to the cloud is FedRAMP, the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program. The General Services Administration says agencies are lining up to take advantage of FedRAMP services and GSA recently certified the first company offering cloud-computing services as meeting the requisite security requirements.
Dave McClure, GSA's Associate Administrator in the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies, joins In Depth to discuss the FedRAMP certification process.
IBM Center for the Business of Government
The federal government will face an array of issues and challenges this year. But Dan Chenok, the executive director of the IBM Center for the Business of Government, says a focus on strategy planning - at the beginning of the year - will save federal managers a few headaches further down the road.
Also on the show:
Hackers obtain personal information of Fort Monmouth personnel (Associated Press)