Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
Industry Chatter: Burdeshaw Associates' Marv Sambur on DoD recruiting
Thursday - 12/20/2012, 6:47pm EST
Marv Sambur, president and CEO of Burdeshaw Associates, a senior defense consulting firm, joins Industry Chatter to discuss defense consulting and systems acquisition.
From Sambur's official bio:
ISR Professor of the Practice Marvin Sambur was recently named President and CEO of Burdeshaw Associates, a senior consulting and professional services firm based in Bethesda, Md.
Sambur has more than 30 years of experience in high technology program acquisition, management and engineering. Prior to his current position, Sambur was a co-founder and CEO of Raptors Consulting Group, Potomac, Md. He also was the president and CEO of ITT Defense, responsible for managing ITT's $1.5 billion defense sector.
Sambur also was Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Washington, D.C., responsible for all Air Force research, development and acquisition activities. He provided direction, guidance and supervision of all matters pertaining to the formulation, review, approval and execution of acquisition plans, policies and programs. Sambur directed a $37 billion annual procurement that included major programs like the F/A-22, F-35, C-17 and munitions, as well as capability areas such as information technology and command and control, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance systems. He formulated and executed the $220 billion Air Force investment strategy to acquire systems and support services to provide combat capability to joint warfighting commanders.
In 1999, he received the Golden Apple Award for outstanding commitment to improving public school education for the children of Allen County in Fort Wayne, Ind. This year he was the recipient of the City College of New York's Career Achievement Award.