Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - December 13
Thursday - 12/13/2012, 7:45pm EST
George Washington University
You hear all the time how best practices are supposed to help your agency run more smoothly on less money. But you may be spinning your wheels. Victoria Grady, a George Washington University professor and the co-author of The Pivot Point: Success in Organizational Change, joins In Depth to discuss why best practices don't always work.
Best Practices Do Not Work (related link)
Senior Data Scientist
The General Services Administration's new Government Wide Acquisition Contract Dashboard has been live for a few weeks now. But already some experts are testing it out and finding some room for improvement. Brand Niemann, a senior data scientist with the Semantic Community and a former senior enterprise architect and data scientist with the Environmental Protection Agency, joins In Depth to discuss the pros and cons of the new system.
The Pros And Cons Of GSA's Acquisition Contract Dashboard (related link)
Senior Vice President
The 2012 results are now in for the "Best Places to Work in the Federal Government," which ranks the best large, medium and small agencies to work for. While individual agencies made some progress, overall, the survey recorded an across-the-board decline in employee satisfaction.
Jeff Neal, senior vice president at ICF International and the former chief human capital officer at the Homeland Security Department, joins In Depth to discuss the results.
Shaw Bransford & Roth
With three days left for Hanukkah and 12 days until Christmas, many federal employees are clearly in the giving season. But your generosity could get you in trouble at work. Bill Bransford, a partner at Shaw Bransford & Roth, joins In Depth to discuss what limits feds face when it comes to gift giving.
Do's and don'ts for holiday gift giving at federal agencies (related story)
Also on the show:
U.S. Cyber Command names new mobilization assistant (U.S. Air Force)
Pentagon Solutions: How DoD should plan strategy amid downsized budget (Federal News Radio)