Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - December 3
Monday - 12/3/2012, 5:52pm EST
Guy Ben-Ari — Deputy Director of the Defense-Industrial Initiatives Group, Center for Strategic and International Studies
Two experts from the Center for Strategic and International Studies' Defense-Industrial Initiatives Group join In Depth to discuss trends in homeland security contracting.
Guy Ben-Ari, deputy director of the group, and Priscilla Hermann, a research assistant worked on a report detailing contracting trends at the Homeland Security Department from the creation of the agency to today.
Jason Wilson — Bloomberg Government Reporter
Throwing money at data infrastructure is already the next big thing. Spending on data storage has almost doubled across the government since 2007, according to a an analysis by Bloomberg Government. But the breakdown in contracts might surprise you.
Jason Wilson, a BGov reporter, joins In Depth to discuss data infrastructure buys.
Annual Data Infrastructure Buys Increase 90% (related link - requires subscription)
Larry Allen — President, Allen Federal Business Partners
The contracting blacklist could be making a dramatic comeback. The Deepwater Horizon oil spill not only had a big impact on the environment, it's also reshaping how the federal government uses contracting tools, according to Larry Allen, president of Allen Federal Business Partners.
He joins In depth to discuss the recent suspension of oil company BP and its implications for federal contracting.
Steve Lord — Director of homeland security and justice issues, Government Accountability Office
We all know how easy it is to complain about traveling. But the Transportation Security Administration wants to look at those complaints on a larger scale and figure out how to use them to improve.
A recent Government Accountability Office report found that TSA lacked "agencywide policy, consistent processes or a focal point to guide receipt and use of such information."
Steve Lord, director of homeland security and justice issues at the Government Accountability Office, joins In Depth to discuss the report's recommendations.
Robert Bigman — Former Chief Information Security Officer, CIA
In the cybersecurity world, there's a difference between the solutions the government is looking for and what it should be looking for. It's what makes the security planning process important. That was the theme at a Federal Executive Breakfast, sponsored by Deltek, today.
Robert Bigman, former chief information security officer at the CIA, hosted the event. He joins In Depth to discuss how agencies can build a thorough security plan.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Also on the show:
Pentagon Solutions: Sequestration becoming likely scenario (Federal News Radio)
rained Navy dolphins losing out to robots (Federal News Radio)