Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - November 28
Wednesday - 11/28/2012, 7:25pm EST
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Susan Tanaka — Vice President of Research, Peter G. Peterson Foundation
Possible solutions to sequestration are all over the place and they come in many different shapes and sizes. The Peter G. Peterson Foundation has organized a group called the Solutions Initiative II. The program consists of organizations from across the ideological spectrum, tasked with coming up with plans "for resolving the the fiscal cliff impasse and putting the nation on a sustainable long-term fiscal path."
Susan Tanaka, vice president of research at the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, joins In Depth to discuss the initiative.
Steve Kelman — Professor of Public Management at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government
Knowing the FAR — the Federal Acquisition Regulations — is just the start to success in contract management. Management knowledge is essential too.
Steve Kelman, a professor of public management at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government and former administrator at the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, joins In Depth to discuss why he believes the management part of contract management has been getting short shrift until recently.
Contracting professionals need far more than FAR (related link)
Michael Horowitz — Justice Department Inspector General
The Justice Department has a list of challenges compiled it needs to overcome to stay effective in the future. The list was compiled by the agency's inspector general, Michael Horowitz.
He joins In Depth to discuss the No. 1 challenge for the agency as well as other issues it faces .
Adam Miles — Policy Director, Office of Special Counsel
President Barack Obama's signature is finally on a new whistleblower protection bill, after lawmakers and watchdog groups pushed for its passage for 13 years.
Adam Miles, the Office of Special Counsel's policy director, joins In Depth to discuss what the new law means for OSC.
President signs whistle-blower bill for US workers (related story)
Also on the show:
CyberCity allows government hackers to train for attacks (Washington Post)
Players in budget war game plot $500B in Defense cuts (Federal News Radio)