Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Pentagon Solutions: Sequestration becoming likely scenario
Wednesday - 11/28/2012, 7:06pm EST
The authors of a new report from the Center for a New American Security, "Countdown to Sequestration: Why American Leaders Could Jump Off the Fiscal Cliff," argue "there is a strong possibility that sequestration will take effect" in January.
Stokes, Bensahel and Smith in the Federal News Radio studio.
And sequestration is only one facet of the "fiscal cliff," faced by lawmakers. Expiring tax cuts are also on the table.
The political wrangling during the lame-duck session amounts to a "high-stakes game of chicken," the authors of the report write. "It would seriously disrupt planning throughout the Department of Defense and the defense industry, potentially shake market confidence in the United States and limit U.S. economic growth."