Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
Pentagon Solutions: Sequestration becoming likely scenario
Wednesday - 11/28/2012, 7:06pm EST
The authors of a new report from the Center for a New American Security, "Countdown to Sequestration: Why American Leaders Could Jump Off the Fiscal Cliff," argue "there is a strong possibility that sequestration will take effect" in January.
Stokes, Bensahel and Smith in the Federal News Radio studio.
And sequestration is only one facet of the "fiscal cliff," faced by lawmakers. Expiring tax cuts are also on the table.
The political wrangling during the lame-duck session amounts to a "high-stakes game of chicken," the authors of the report write. "It would seriously disrupt planning throughout the Department of Defense and the defense industry, potentially shake market confidence in the United States and limit U.S. economic growth."