Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Pentagon Solutions: Sequestration becoming likely scenario
Wednesday - 11/28/2012, 7:06pm EST
The authors of a new report from the Center for a New American Security, "Countdown to Sequestration: Why American Leaders Could Jump Off the Fiscal Cliff," argue "there is a strong possibility that sequestration will take effect" in January.
Stokes, Bensahel and Smith in the Federal News Radio studio.
And sequestration is only one facet of the "fiscal cliff," faced by lawmakers. Expiring tax cuts are also on the table.
The political wrangling during the lame-duck session amounts to a "high-stakes game of chicken," the authors of the report write. "It would seriously disrupt planning throughout the Department of Defense and the defense industry, potentially shake market confidence in the United States and limit U.S. economic growth."