Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Pentagon Solutions: Sequestration becoming likely scenario
Wednesday - 11/28/2012, 7:06pm EST
The authors of a new report from the Center for a New American Security, "Countdown to Sequestration: Why American Leaders Could Jump Off the Fiscal Cliff," argue "there is a strong possibility that sequestration will take effect" in January.
Stokes, Bensahel and Smith in the Federal News Radio studio.
And sequestration is only one facet of the "fiscal cliff," faced by lawmakers. Expiring tax cuts are also on the table.
The political wrangling during the lame-duck session amounts to a "high-stakes game of chicken," the authors of the report write. "It would seriously disrupt planning throughout the Department of Defense and the defense industry, potentially shake market confidence in the United States and limit U.S. economic growth."