Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - November 16
Friday - 11/16/2012, 3:48pm EST
Lily Whiteman — Author, "How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job"
A new generation of federal employees is coming into government thanks to the retirement wave. But internship programs aren't getting the attention they should be, according to some experts.
Lily Whiteman is author of "How To Land a Top-Paying Federal Job" and a federal employee herself. She says there's a reason these programs aren't as high-profile as they could be.
Tammy Flanagan — Senior Benefits Director, National Institute of Transition Plannings
Thousands of federal workers are getting ready to separate from their government jobs at the end of the year. But sometimes, the beginning of the golden years can be a rocky start. Tammy Flanagan, senior benefits director for the National Institute of Transition Planning, has some tips to lead to smoother sailing.
Tammy's GovExec column (related link)
Jim Lewis — Director of the Technology and Public Policy Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies
Presidential Policy Directive 20 is the secret cybersecurity doctrine document that the White House updated in October. The contents are classified, but some elements of Directive 20 are starting to emerge.
Jim Lewis, senior fellow and director of the Technology and Public Policy Program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, joins In Depth to discuss the directive.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Guy Timberlake — Co-founder and Chief Visionary Officer, American Small Business Coalition
Your calendar will get jammed as the holidays get closer. So if you like having fun while you network with contractors and federal executives, make sure you have some time blocked off.
Guy Timberlake, co-founder and chief visionary officer of the American Small Business Coalition, joins In Depth to discuss the group's upcoming "2012 Holiday Charity Bash" on Dec. 5.
Also on the show:
Panetta orders ethics training review for officers (Federal News Radio)
Bolden assumes command of VMU-2, Huber bids farewell (Marines.mil)