Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - November 6
Tuesday - 11/6/2012, 4:22pm EST
Patrick Lester — Director of Federal Fiscal Policy, OMB Watch
While Congress will ultimately determine if sequestration happens, the Office of Management and Budget can delay some of the pain from the steep cuts — at least for a little while.
That's the conclusion from a recent report by OMB Watch, an independent watchdog group.
Patrick Lester, director of federal fiscal policy at OMB Watch, joins In Depth to discuss how OMB can use "apportionment" authority to blunt the immediate impact of the cuts.
Tom Shoop — Editor-in-chief, GovExec
Two candidates... two plans... one Oval Office. Even if tomorrow is just another Wednesday, the future of the federal government is now.
Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief of GovExec, joins In Depth to discuss the election's impact on federal employees and how President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney differ in management styles.
Romney: Not One More Bureaucrat (related link)
Obama Faults Congress on Streamlining Government (related link)
Brian Friel — Reporter, Bloomberg Government
If you're a contractor that wants to offer services with the federal cleanup for Hurricane Sandy, it might already be too late to get any business, according to analysis by Brian Friel, a Bloomberg Government reporter.
Friel joins In Depth to discuss the types of contracts the government looks for before, during and after a natural disaster and how far in advance contractors need to set up emergency services to do business with the government.
FEMA, Corps Keep Disaster Contractors on Standby (Related link — requires subscription)
Also on the show:
Pentagon Inspector General to Probe Overclassification (Secrecy News)