Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - October 31
Wednesday - 10/31/2012, 3:15pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Larry Allen — President, Allen Federal Business Partners
The General Services Administration is helping contractors save time and effort when they modify or extend their schedules. But there is such a thing as something being too easy.
Larry Allen, president of Allen Federal Business Partners, joins In Depth to discuss why contractors should watch out when they use electronic systems, such as GSA's eMod.
Cristina Chaplain — Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management Issues, GAO
The Pentagon is poised to bring back zeppelins. The Defense Department is funding billions into airship technologies to move cargo and provide surveillance.
In a new report, the Government Accountability Office reviewed those efforts. Cristina Chaplain, the director of acquisition and sourcing management issues at GAO, joined In Depth to discuss how DoD is investing in these programs and how they've increased oversight and coordination.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Janet Hale — Director, Deloitte Services LP
Tackling the biggest problem at your agency first is a great way to make things more efficient. But agencies can't seem to get their priorities straight.
Janet Hale, the former undersecretary for management at the Homeland Security Department and now a director of Deloitte Services LP, joins In Depth to discuss a new report on increasing the efficiency of federal operations.
The study, "Cutting Costs: Inside the Effort to Improve the Efficiency of Federal Operations" was conducted by the Government Business Council and sponsored by Deloitte.
Also on the show: