Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - October 31
Wednesday - 10/31/2012, 3:15pm EDT
Larry Allen — President, Allen Federal Business Partners
The General Services Administration is helping contractors save time and effort when they modify or extend their schedules. But there is such a thing as something being too easy.
Larry Allen, president of Allen Federal Business Partners, joins In Depth to discuss why contractors should watch out when they use electronic systems, such as GSA's eMod.
Cristina Chaplain — Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management Issues, GAO
The Pentagon is poised to bring back zeppelins. The Defense Department is funding billions into airship technologies to move cargo and provide surveillance.
In a new report, the Government Accountability Office reviewed those efforts. Cristina Chaplain, the director of acquisition and sourcing management issues at GAO, joined In Depth to discuss how DoD is investing in these programs and how they've increased oversight and coordination.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Janet Hale — Director, Deloitte Services LP
Tackling the biggest problem at your agency first is a great way to make things more efficient. But agencies can't seem to get their priorities straight.
Janet Hale, the former undersecretary for management at the Homeland Security Department and now a director of Deloitte Services LP, joins In Depth to discuss a new report on increasing the efficiency of federal operations.
The study, "Cutting Costs: Inside the Effort to Improve the Efficiency of Federal Operations" was conducted by the Government Business Council and sponsored by Deloitte.
Also on the show: